Saturday 13 December 2008

Statement Information

It's the Alliance and Leicester - wanting to give me information on my statement. Clearly the scammers are a bit limited about what statement information they can give me. For example, they quote my opening balance as **** and my closing balance as ****. If I click on a link in the email I can give the scammers all the information they need to find the real closing balance - and then they can help themselves to it.

NEVER click on a link in a bank email, even if it does appear to come from your bank. Just delete the email. If you want to check your account online, type the address of your bank's website directly into your browser.

Alliance & Leicester Business Banking Customer,
Statement Information
Download Balances: https://www.mybusinessbank.co.uk/cs70_banking/sbb/emea/common/transact/user/statementList/detail?index=0
1108 Current Account -01*******
Statement Number: 22
Opening Balance:****
Closing Balance:****
Download to: https://www.mybusinessbank.co.uk/cs70_banking/sbb/emea/common/download/user/download

No comments:

Post a Comment