For some unknown reason, the UK Charity Foundation has, apparently, decided to give away $1m to a random person. There is no such thing as the UK Charity Foundation, and if there was they would be giving money to registered, reputable UK charities, not to you or me or any mug with an email address.
The scammer just wants to get his/her hands on your money by charging you advance fees. Delete the email and don't reply.
If you are sinking under a sea of spam should try Master Your Inbox. A good solution for home or small and medium business owners. A complete management system that allows you to master all the features of Outlook, OE or Windows Mail and take control of your inbox.
UK CHARITY FOUNDATION AWARD PROMOTION
Suite 154, Clarendon Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD61JF, London United Kingdom.
We happily announce to you that you have won our International Charity Award of US$1,000,000 (One Million US Dollars) during the 2009 Global Internet Summit titled "Discovering Greatness", held in the London, United Kingdom. All 30 winning Addresses were randomly selected from a batch of 50,000,000 international Emails. Your Email address emerged alongside 29 others as a category 2 winner in this year's Annual UK CHARITY FOUNDATION PROMOTION LOTTERY draw. No tickets were sold.
Consequently, you have therefore been approved for a total pay out of US$1,000,000 only. The following particulars are attached to your lotto payment order:
(i) Winning Serial Number: 900-102-447
(ii) Email Ticket Number: UK754/22/76
(iii)Lotto Code Number: TL09622UK
(iv)File Ref Number: ICA/11-GIS/2009UK
Please contact the under listed claims Agent as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings:
Mr. James Philips
N.B: Steps to claiming your prize;
1. Contact your claims Agent immediately you receive this notification to begin the claims process.
2. You are required to send your full name(s) as it should appear on the Certificate of Winning that would be issued to you, and fill the below Non-Private Information when contacting the Agent.
1. FULL NAME(S): _______________________________
2. ADDRESS: _______________________________
3. SEX: ________________________________________
4. AGE: _______________________________________
5. OCCUPATION: _______________________________
6. COMPANY: _____________
7. POSITION HELD: ____________
8. WINNING E-MAIL ADDRESS: ____________________________
9. TELEPHONE NUMBER: ________________________
File Ref Number: ________________________
3. Also quote your File reference Number as given above while contacting the Agent. This is very important and compulsory on first correspondence with your claims Agent.
On behalf of the entire UK CHARITY FOUNDATION stakeholders, I say congratulations!!!