Sunday 30 November 2008

Important Message Alert on Your Account, Halifax Bank plc

At least this scammer is a little more friendly than the one that wrote the Lloyds TSB scam, in the last entry on this blog. S/he starts by telling me I am a valued customer. I'm not, of course, as I don't have an account with the Halifax. The scammer is concerned that my account might have been accessed by a third party. Obviously the scammer needs to check this, as they'd hate to have been beaten to my riches by another scammer. They want it all for themselves. They'd weep into their breakfast cereal if they knew how little I keep in my current account!

Just delete the email. Your account hasn't been accessed - but it will be if you give the scammers the infor they ask for.

Dear Valued Customer,We recently reviewed your account, and suspected that your account have been accessed by an unauthorized third party.Due to this, you are requested to follow the provided steps and confirm your Online Banking details for the safety of your Accounts.Verify Your AccountHowever, Failure to do so may result in temporary account suspension.
*Important*
Please update your records on or before 48 hours, a failure to update your records will result in a temporal hold on your funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment